Our bodies should be taken care of as if we were taking care of a luxury vehicle. Luxury vehicles only use premium gas and top grade oil. Are you treating your body like a luxury vehicle and only eating top grade foods?.... Probably not. As the American culture we tend to abuse our bodies by eating large portions, fast food, processed foods and plenty of junk food that has little to no nutritional value. Here are a list of quick fixes to upgrade your body to a luxury vehicle:
1. When you go to a restaurant order off the appetizer menu instead of getting an entire meal.
2. Use a saucer for meals instead of a plate. Your saucer will look nice and full but in reality your portions will be the appropriate size.
3. Cook meals from scratch instead of using prepackaged frozen meals.
4. Stick to the basics - meat, fruits, grains, dairy and vegetables.
5. Upgrade your restaurant choices.
6. Take a lunch that was prepared at home instead of the typical grab and go lunch from a take out place.
7. Have one day a week that you can eat anything you want.
By following these simple guidelines and making a plan for yourself you will find that you will have more energy and feel happy about your new eating lifestyle.